Navigate workplace inclusion with Basecamp, our signature DEI training series.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are more than just buzzwords. They’re critical components of a healthy, productive, and innovative workplace.
Basecamp, our three-part DEI training series, isn’t just a course; it’s a transformative experience designed for medium to large organizations seeking real change. Through our unique Conscious Facilitation approach and engaging sessions, we empower your team to foster inclusivity, mitigate biases, and champion allyship.
Transform your Workplace with Basecamp: DEI Training
Highly inclusive companies have better bottom lines, experiencing 1.4x more revenue growth.
In today’s dynamic landscape, inclusion is not just an ideal; it’s a business imperative. If your team is new to working with each other, new to DEI or is lacking shared, foundational DEI knowledge, our Basecamp three-course certificate program is the ideal starting point. We will help you cultivate a shared understanding and set the stage for an inclusive workplace culture where every single employee feels that they belong.
“Sky and Sherilyn brought this important topic to our team in a kind, straightforward manner. They met the group where they were at in their diversity journey and educated in a no-shame environment.“
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Foundations
In DEI Foundations, the first course in our Basecamp series, participants will delve into the business case for diversity, learning how creating an inclusive workplace is not only the right thing to do, but also the smart thing. They will also explore core concepts like identity, power, and privilege, gaining a deeper understanding of how these factors impact workplace dynamics.
Unconscious Bias Foundations
The second course in our Basecamp series, Unconscious Bias Foundations, takes a closer look at the ways our brains make automatic decisions based on societal norms and stereotypes. Participants will learn how to recognize and interrupt their own biases, and how to create a workplace culture that mitigates the impact of unconscious bias.
The final course in our Basecamp series, Allyship, explores the role of allies in creating a more inclusive workplace. Participants will learn how to recognize and address microaggressions and other inequities, and how to use their privilege to advocate with and for marginalized colleagues.
Conscious Facilitation: Our Approach to Culture Change
As Certified XChange Guides, our style is grounded in conscious facilitation, a transformative approach that shifts from being the “sage on the stage” to the “guide on the side.” Here’s what that involves:
- Asking, Inviting, Unlocking: We replace “knowing, telling and controlling” with “asking, inviting and unlocking.” This approach harnesses collective wisdom, enabling participants to amplify learning, create authentic connections, and build community.
- From Ideating to Implementation: The XChange Approach, rooted in Neuroscience and Positive Psychology, empowers inclusive conversations leading to inspired action. It bridges ideas to implementation, making it a powerful tool for impactful and sustainable change.
- Transforming Learning Experiences: We believe that when groups come together to learn, create and solve, the most fundamental experience of being human – belonging – enables capacities to learn, solve and create exponentially.
“This course provided a new way to view diversity and equity. I appreciated the facilitators’ comfort with the topic and the structure of the session. I would highly recommend to other organizations.“
Engage, Tailor and Sustain: Your Basecamp Journey
Embark on a comprehensive DEI training experience crafted to your organization’s unique context. From the very start, we are committed to understanding your team, shaping expectations, and providing the resources needed for a sustained impact. Here’s how we do that:
- The Intake Form: We engage each participant with a detailed intake form, ensuring program design is customized to your goals and gives your organization and team the greatest possible return on investment. The intake form is not just about names and titles, it’s about understanding who each team member is, what they do and what they aim to achieve through our DEI training.
- Pre-Event Communications: We work closely with your organization to tailor pre-event communications, setting the stage for shared understanding. This isn’t just about logistics – it’s about clarifying the “why” behind your DEI journey and aligning training expectations.
- Pre and post-Event Learning Materials: Empower your team with resources crafted by our team of expert DEI facilitators. Our incredible workbook blends theory with action, providing a rich database of follow-up resources. It’s a tool designed to ensure that your DEI journey extends beyond the training room.
- Post-session Recap Document: Our journey doesn’t end when the training does. We provide a comprehensive recap document, a personalized post-session resource. This document encapsulates key learnings, insights and inspiration from our sessions, offering actionable ideas and a deeper understanding of your team’s DEI dynamics.
- Certificate of Completion: Celebrate your team’s achievement with our Certificate of Completion – a testament to their commitment to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. This recognition goes beyond acknowledgement; it symbolizes a milestone in your organization’s DEI journey.
“This was a fantastic workshop and one I think everyone should take. The information was easy to understand, used different modes of engagement and was a safe place for reflection. Thank you for doing the work you do.”
Ready to make your DEI journey extraordinary? Join Basecamp today.
Frequently Asked Questions
“The facilitators, Sky and Sherilyn, were excellent: clear, attentive, well-prepared, and provided just enough guidance for the group while staying out of the way to allow participants to share and engage with each other. I am usually skeptical of DEI training, and I’ve experienced some that have felt rote and superficial, but this one pleasantly surprised me and it provided a forum for interesting reflection and discussion.”
“The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion course that Sky and Sherilyn delivered for our organization was so wonderful. The content was engaging and thought-provoking, and the facilitators guided us through exercises in a gentle, non-judgmental environment. I learned a lot from the experience and it inspires me to want to continue unpacking this content in the future.”
“Fantastically done, engaging and insightful.”
“This course is definitely worth taking, the discussions and information that came through were valuable, and the facilitators were very knowledgeable. Having the safe space as was provided here, to have open and honest conversations about issues that may be difficult to talk through, can only help towards more open and effective changes towards DEI.”